Local 5 is pleased to announce the installment of a debit machine for the convenience of our Members.
BACU has purchased Hoodies for all active Members, they can now be picked up from the Local 5 office. A selection of sizes are available.
Available to Members one hat and travel mug each at no charge, to be collected from the Local 5 office.
High Visibility T-shirts are now available from Local 5’s office. Shirts are $20 each or 2/$30.
Monthly Union Meetings will always be held at the Union office, unless posted otherwise.
Local 5 is pleased to announce the arrival of new Golf Shirts and High Visibility T-Shirts for purchase. The shirts are available from Local 5, please call the office for cost inquiries.
As of April 27, 2016 notification was distributed by BACU head office in Toronto that the 2016 – 2019 Brick Tentative Agreement had been ratified by the BACU Locals across the province of Ontario.
This new Agreement will commence May 1, 2016.
To: All Union Members
The above listed course is a mandatory course; the Ministry of Labour has required everyone to have as of July 1, 2014. You must have this to continue to work on a job site.
Below are the steps to get you to the online eLearning module:
- Google – Workers Health and Safety Awareness in 4 steps.
- From the search results click the 1st one – Workers Health and Safety Awareness in 4 Steps | Ministry…
- That link will take you to the Ministry of Labour Website
- Under the eLearning section, beside the picture of a group of people is “Access the eLearning module”
- You are now ready to start taking the course. It will take about 45 minutes to complete.
- Once you have completed the course it will offer you a certificate of completion
- Email a copy of the certificate of completion to the Union office. We will update your file that you have completed the course, and make up a training card for you.
Any questions regarding the course, please feel free to call the office.
To: All Members
Basic Monthly Dues are owed at the 1st of the month. When you are working for a Union Employer, the Employer will deduct that month and remit to the Union in the following month. If you are not working for a Union Employer it is your responsibility alone to make sure you are current. Falling behind in your monthly dues will result in termination of your membership as per BACU Constitution.
We hope that this warning will prevent such an occurrence.